Friday, September 17, 2010

Celebrate After Each Draft

I just finished the third draft of my script last night. It's ready to be sent out to have some professional eyes look at it (readers) and tell me where the holes are.

Writing a book or a script is a marathon. Even if it isn't the final draft, you deserve to take some time out and pat yourself on the back. I always think of Romancing the Stone, when Joan Wilder selects one of those miniature liquor bottle to celebrate.

I like some Mexican food and a glass of wine. Last night my husband and I headed for the local Mexican place (we live in a 1,400 person town, so it's the only Mexican place). I ordered Chardonnay and it came hot and in a hot glass.  I reordered it and it came this time in a not-so-hot glass. I hate to waste 6 bucks, so I drank it, but not with much gusto.

I hope this doesn't reflect the quality of my script.

Diane

3 comments:

still dancing said...

It doesn't. But, oh what a joy to write that scene in a future script!
A toast: May your mojitos not taste like toothpaste and your margaritas not pucker your lips and mostly may your Chardonnay not be served in a glass that is steaming.
Salud and here's to a smokin' script!

Di Mettler said...

I hadn't thought that it could mean I had a "smokin" script. You made my day.

Mackenzies Momma said...

Sounds like the last time I went out I ordered a glass of wine and the glasses were all scorching hot. The restaurant felt bad and gave it to me for free.

Post a Comment

Featured Post