Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Check's in the Mail?

I got an email from my agent yesterday and it sounds like I may be getting a check soon for my script Growing the Big One (knock on wood). Money is always good, but more important, a check means the movie is getting ready to film.

First Deals
Little did I know when I was selling this script, producers don't give you the money until they start filming. Or at least that's how it works when it's your first deal — and you want to have this made in the WORST way and will a agree to all kinds of stuff.

In my case they've paid me some option money to hold the script until they're ready to shoot. But if it falls through, they won't pay me for the script. Sort of like leasing a house with an option to buy. Kind of makes sense, but it's kind of nerve wracking for the poor Shmoe who just wants to sell the house.

Seeing is Believing
On the bright side, it looks like the day is finally approaching (again I'm knocking on wood. I'm knocking on wood so much these days my husband must think I've developed some obsessive-compulsive disorder). I'd love to have a check in my hands and know the cameras are rolling, but I'll believe it when I see it.

di

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post