Monday, September 21, 2009

Doing the Happy Dance!

I'm taking a break from doing the "happy dance". Just got an email from a producer to set up a time for me to come up and see them shoot Growing the Big One in Vancouver, B.C.

If everything goes well, next week at this time I'll be watching actors saying and doing things I dreamed up. (That's if it hasn't been rewritten completely.) It's a surreal thought.

Getting the story to the People
Writing a script is different from writing a book or an article for a number of reasons. The biggest difference for me is that once you've finished a short story, someone reads it and the communication is complete. It might have only been one person, but they enjoyed your story in the form it was intended.

Scripts, however, require producers, actors and a slew of other people to complete the process — communicate the story to the audience in it's correct form. It's frustrating because you may be a great storyteller, but so much of the process is out of your control.

Next week through my story will take on life. I'm actually going to see people walking and talking and doing things I've only imaged. Then, sometime in 2010, those actors will be walking and talking on screens in front of an audience.

I'm so excited. I will FINALLY have finished telling a story.

di

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post