Wednesday, August 12, 2009

National Novel Writing Month


So are up for a little mental boot camp?

Someone just turned me on to National Novel Writing Month, or I guess it's referred to as NaNoWriMo. (Does this sound like something Mork work say, or is it just me?)

This is where writers all over the world are challenged to write a 50,000 word novel during the month of November. You sign up on their website, and then on November 1 you write like mad until the end of the month. (Not quite sure how they tell if you got an early start though.) You submit you novel on the last day of the month.

Incredibly, there are a number of folks who have had their NaNoWriMo novels published . . . no doubt after a great deal of rewriting.

This feels a little like the book How to Write a Script in 21 Days. I tried it back in the day and was happy to have a script at the end of the three weeks, but spent the next three months rewriting. Still, churning out a decent script in 4 months isn't too shabby.

So I'm up for the challenge. What the heck? What do I have to loose . . . except for some sleep.

Anyone else up for it?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post