Friday, March 5, 2010

Who is Your Oscar Favorite?

Sunday is the Oscars and I can hardly wait. We're building a new home and I'm hoping to have the TV room done by Sunday so we can sit, watch and root on our favorites. (The perfect christening.)

Who are you hoping will win, and why?
I have two categories — the movies I hope will win, and the ones I think will win. For Best Picture, I think The Hurt Locker has a good shot at it. Personally, I'd like to see Up receive it. I'll be REALLY disappointed though if Avatar gets it. Technically amazing, but the story was serviceable.

Best Original Script. I'm rooting for UP or Inglorious Bastards. I think The Hurt Locker's going to get it. But they are all great.

Best Adapted Script. Rooting for Up In the Air, but again everyone is deserving.

So, what do you think?

3 comments:

Mackenzies Momma said...

Okay I'll be totally honest here...I can't comment on any of the movies. I saw THREE new movies last year in theaters- Marley & Me, Star Trek and something I'm blanking. So can't weigh in at all on Oscars.

Di Mettler said...

Aw, that doesn't stop others. Loved Star Trek though.

Mackenzies Momma said...

Yeah I got really lucky when I went and saw Star Trek, I got the perfect seat that made it feel like it was just me and the screen.

Oh and you'd have had fun today up here. I had the little one's birthday party and boy did we have a cast of characters. 13 kids ranging in age from 1 to 13 or so. 10 or so accompanying adults. Of course there was all the drama that ensues when you get that many little people together in one place.

Post a Comment

Featured Post